Archive for the ‘Corruption’ Category
For two decades, the U.S. military has been unable to submit to an audit, flouting federal law and concealing waste and fraud totaling billions of dollars
Linda Woodford spent the last 15 years of her career inserting phony numbers in the U.S. Department of Defense’s accounts.
Every month until she retired in 2011, she says, the day came when the Navy would start dumping numbers on the Cleveland, Ohio, office of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, the Pentagon’s main accounting agency. Using the data they received, Woodford and her fellow DFAS accountants there set about preparing monthly reports to square the Navy’s books with the U.S. Treasury’s – a balancing-the-checkbook maneuver required of all the military services and other Pentagon agencies.
And every month, they encountered the same problem. Numbers were missing. Numbers were clearly wrong. Numbers came with no explanation of how the money had been spent or which congressional appropriation it came from. “A lot of times there were issues of numbers being inaccurate,” Woodford says. “We didn’t have the detail … for a lot of it.”
Do you remember in 2001 just one day before 9-11-2001 Donald Rumsfeld said that the Pentagon cannot account for $2.3 TRILLION…
Surprised? I am not at all….
In the home stretch of the 2012 presidential campaign, from August to September, the unemployment rate fell sharply — raising eyebrows from Wall Street to Washington.
The decline — from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September — might not have been all it seemed. The numbers, according to a reliable source, were manipulated.
And the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.
Just two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.
And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today.
“He’s not the only one,” said the source, who asked to remain anonymous for now but is willing to talk with the Labor Department and Congress if asked.
The Census employee caught faking the results is Julius Buckmon, according to confidential Census documents obtained by The Post. Buckmon told me in an interview this past weekend that he was told to make up information by higher-ups at Census.
“The bottom line is we’re not broke, there’s plenty of money, it’s just the government doesn’t have it,” said Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), “The government has a right, the government and the people of the United States have a right to run the programs of the United States. Health, welfare, housing – all these things.”
Spy On Me, Shut Me Up, Arrest Me And Find Me Guilty Before I Refuse to Speak and Prove You Otherwise….Welcome To The New United States of America
- His disclosures did not cause grave damage to national security.
- What Snowden discovered is “material evidence of an institutional crime.”
- As a system administrator, Snowden “could go on the network or go into any file or any system and change it or add to it or whatever, just to make sure — because he would be responsible to get it back up and running if, in fact, it failed. So that meant he had access to go in and put anything. That’s why he said, I think, ‘I can even target the president or a judge.’ If he knew their phone numbers or attributes, he could insert them into the target list which would be distributed worldwide. And then it would be collected, yeah, that’s right. As a super-user, he could do that.”
- “The idea that we have robust checks and balances on this is a myth.”
- Congressional overseers “have no real way of seeing into what these agencies are doing. They are totally dependent on the agencies briefing them on programs, telling them what they are doing.”
- Lawmakers “don’t really don’t understand what the NSA does and how it operates. Even when they get briefings, they still don’t understand.”
- Asked what Edward Snowden should expect to happen to him, one of the men, William Binney, answered, “first tortured, then maybe even rendered and tortured and then incarcerated and then tried and incarcerated or even executed.” Interesting that this is what a whistleblower thinks the U.S. government will do to a citizen. The abuse of Bradley Manning worked.
- “There is no path for intelligence-community whistle-blowers who know wrong is being done. There is none. It’s a toss of the coin, and the odds are you are going to be hammered.”
College Kids Sign Petition to Allow Obama to Spy on Fox News – Our Educational system breads morons….
Echoes can reveal the shape of a room – Two cellphones giving away data can map a room
A snap of a finger, a handful of scattered microphones and a computer algorithm are all it takes to create an accurate three-dimensional map of a room, say Swiss and US researchers.
The method, described in the US journal the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, measured the distance between echoes to create maps of both a university lecture room and a cathedral alcove.
With more refinement, the technique could someday lead to better ways of designing concert halls for specific acoustics, aid investigations and even help with crime scene reconstruction, researchers said.
The 14-year-old kid arrested over his pro-NRA shirt now faces a year in jail – First amendment does not apply to every US citizen
Officials at Logan Middle School in Logan County, West Va. maintain that Marcum, who has since completed eighth grade, was suspended for one day because he caused a disruption after a teacher asked him to remove a shirt emblazoned with a hunting rifle and the statement “protect your right.”
“She said, ‘Are you supposed to wear that in school?’” Marcum had previously explained in an interview with local station, WOWK-TV. “I said, ‘I don’t see why I shouldn’t.’”
Supreme Court: For right to remain silent, a suspect must speak – You must tell the police, that you are invoking your 5th Amendment right to remain silent BEFORE YOU GET ARRESTED!!!! Your actions, including not speaking to them after you are arrested , are not protecting you from self incriminating …..
Just being silent is not enough. The Supreme Court ruled 5 to 4 that a suspect’s silence during informal police questioning can be used as evidence of guilt unless the right is invoked.
“Before petitioner could rely on the privilege against self-incrimination, he was required to invoke it,
Domestic spying capabilities used by the National Security Agency to collect massive amounts of data on American citizens could soon be available to the Department of Homeland Security — a bureaucracy with the power to arrest citizens that is not subject to limitations imposed on the NSA.
Unlike the DHS, the NSA is an intelligence agency, not a domestic law enforcement agency. It cannot arrest those suspected of wrongdoing. That power of the federal government lies with agencies under the jurisdiction of the Justice Department, the Treasury, Homeland Security and other law enforcement agencies.
A Batavia High School teacher’s fans are rallying to support him as he faces possible discipline for advising students of their Constitutional rights before taking a school survey on their behavior.
They’ve been collecting signatures on an online petition, passing the word on Facebook, sending letters to the school board, and planning to speak at Tuesday’s school board meeting.
Students and parents have praised his ability to interest reluctant students in history and current affairs.
But John Dryden said he’s not the point. He wants people to focus on the issue he raised: Whether school officials considered that students could incriminate themselves with their answers to the survey that included questions about drug and alcohol use.
Dryden, a social studies teacher, told some of his students April 18 that they had a 5th Amendment right to not incriminate themselves by answering questions on the survey, which had each student’s name printed on it.
Losing our freedoms little by little and damn you if you inform the youngsters of their rights. Today’s educational system is a disgrace.
Here you go…
That is happening in the UK, but soon it is coming in the USA, because of the Obamacare.
Here you can read the two stories from the Sun Online (in the print paper they are on a double page, opposite to each other, but online you have to search separately to find both stories) –
“I could never have felt so confident about showing off my body if it wasn’t for the support I’ve had from the NHS. I’d have collapsed in tears a couple of months ago if I’d had to go topless in front of a photographer — but now I can’t wait to do more.”
Parents forced to raise £1m after NHS cash snub to cancer fight girl (so in the UK they have “free health care”, heh?)
THE parents of cancer girl Lilly Macglashan have had to raise more than £1million for pioneering treatment in America — because the NHS refused to fund it.
And what to expect in America….Read the following links and make your own conclusions
- The Hill: Wyden: Healthcare Law’s ‘Family Glitch’ Leaves Dependents Without Coverage
- Reuters: Little Hope Seen For Millions Priced Out Of Health Overhaul
- AP: STUDY: HEALTH LAW TO RAISE CLAIMS COST 32 PERCENT
- Washington Examiner: Obamavote: Healthcare Application Registers Voters, Too
- The Hill: Premiums Could Rise Under Healthcare Law, Sebelius Concedes